So you’ve decided you want to learn how to line dance. Congrats! You’re going to love it. Being a new(ish) line dancer myself I’ve compiled a list of things that you might want to know so when you’re ready to head out to the dance floor you won’t feel intimidated.
1) Be Patient. You will get frustrated. You will make mistakes. It’s okay. From my experience, half the people on the dance floor aren’t entirely sure what they are doing either. Oh, and those people in the crowd watching… ignore them, they have no idea if you’re doing it right or not.
2) Come to the lessons I can’t emphasize that enough. Practice makes perfect and the more you do it the better you will get. Seriously. The White Buffalo Saloon offers FREE lessons on Wednesday’s, Thursday’s and Sunday’s.
3) Wear proper footwear. Line dancing is really hard to do in sandals and flip flops but not to mention you’ll look goofy if you lose one on the floor in mid sequence. The best shoe is one with a leather sole but if you’re beginning don’t worry about it quite yet. Shoes or boots are recommended.
4) Listen to the instructor and ask questions. If there is one person out on the dance floor you should absolutely pay attention to it’s the instructor. When you’re at the lessons they will go step by step through the entire song ensuring that you have ample time to learn the steps before the music comes on. When in doubt, listen to the instructor.
5) Have fun. Line dancing is fun. Like anything in life it will probably start out a bit complicated but the more you practice the better you’ll get.
Hope to see you out there!
#linedance #linedancelessons #beginnerlinedancing #country #whitebuffalosaloon